Setting up your Amazon Fire TV Stick is a pretty straightforward process, but there are some things that you may not have considered. In this article, we’ll walk you through the steps necessary to pair your Fire TV Stick with your remote.
If you’re like most people, you use your Amazon Fire TV Stick remote to control your streaming devices and other smart home gadgets. But what if you want to watch a show or movie on your television without having to use the remote? Luckily, pairing your Amazon Fire TV Stick remote is easy!
What is the Amazon Fire TV Stick?
The Amazon Fire TV Stick is a streaming media player that plugs into your TV’s HDMI port and streams content from Amazon.com, Netflix, Hulu, and more. You can also use it to access apps like YouTube, Pandora, ESPN, and more. The Amazon Fire TV Stick is the perfect way to watch your favorite shows and movies without having to spend a lot of money on equipment.
How to Pair Your Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote
To Pair your new Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote:
1) Turn on your Amazon Fire TV Stick and your TV
2) Press the Menu button on your remote
3) Select Settings 4) Select General
5) Under Device Management select Bluetooth
6) If prompted by the Amazon Fire TV Stick, enter the PIN code that was provided when you purchased it
7) Select OK
8) On your remote press the Menu button again
9) Select Add New Device
10) Enter the device name (FireTVStick), and make sure it is correct
11) Press OK
12) On your Amazon Fire TV Stick go to Settings (press the Home button then select Settings). Scroll down to Bluetooth and press OK
13) On your remote press the Menu button again
14) Select Add New Device
15) Enter the device
How to Pair an Unresponsive Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote
If you are having trouble pairing your Amazon Fire TV Stick Remote, there are a few things you can try. First, make sure that the remote is charged and within range of the Fire TV Stick.
Next, try restarting your Fire TV Stick and the remote. Finally, if all else fails, try pairing the remote using the Amazon Fire TV Stick’s built-in Bluetooth feature.
How to Pair a Fire TV Stick Remote
If you have an Amazon Fire TV Stick and are looking for a way to control it with your remote, there are a few things you need to do first. First, make sure that the Fire TV Stick is connected to the same network as your home computer. You can do this by using an Ethernet cable or by setting up a wireless connection.
Next, open the Amazon Fire TV Stick’s settings and find the Remote screen. On this screen, tap on Add Device and select your home computer’s name from the list. After your computer is added, select it and choose Pair Device. Finally, enter the PIN code that was emailed to you when you set up your Fire TV Stick and click on Connect. Your home computer now has access to all of the Fire TV Stick’s features.
How to Change the Language on Your Fire TV Stick Remote
When you first get your Amazon Fire TV Stick, you’ll likely be happy to find that the language options are in English. If you want to change the language on your remote, though, there is a way.
1. Open the Settings app on your Fire TV Stick.
2. Select Language and Input.
3. Scroll down to Remote Controls and select it.
4. On the left side of the screen, under Languages, select the language you want to use for your remote controls.
5. Under Input, select which language you want to use for your voice input (if applicable).
6. Select OK to apply these changes and exit the Settings app.
How to Use the Alexa Voice Remote
If you have an Amazon Fire TV Stick and an Alexa Voice Remote, you’re ready to start using voice commands to control your Fire TV. This guide will show you how to pair the remote and fire up Alexa. Once paired, you can use voice commands to play videos, launch apps, change channels, and more.
First, make sure your Fire TV Stick is connected to the same network as your Amazon Echo or Amazon Tap. If it’s not, you’ll need to connect it first.
Next, press and hold the voice button on the Alexa Voice Remote until the blue light starts blinking. Then release the button and say “Alexa, open Fire TV.” You’ll see the Fire TV appear in Alexa’s list of devices.
To use voice commands with your Fire TV Stick, say “Alexa, open [application].” For example, say “Alexa, open Netflix.”
How to Reset an Amazon Fire Stick Remote
If you’re having trouble controlling your Amazon Fire Stick, there’s a good chance you’ve accidentally reset your remote.
Here’s how to reset it:
1. Press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds. The TV will turn off.
2. Release the power button and wait about 5 seconds. The TV will turn back on and the remote will be reset.
If you still can’t get your Fire Stick to work, you may need to visit an Amazon Fire Stick support center.
How to Pair a Replacement Remote to Your Fire TV
If you are experiencing issues with your Amazon Fire TV Stick remote, there is a chance that you may be able to replace it. Replacing the remote is easy and can fix many issues with the TV.
Follow these steps to pair a replacement remote to your Fire TV:
1. Make sure the power is off to your Fire TV and then unplug the power cord from the back of the TV.
2. Remove the screws that hold down the top panel of the TV.
3. Insert a thin object such as a toothpick into one of the ports on either side of the fire TV stick and push until it comes out the other side.
4. Plug in your new fire TV stick remote and plug in the power cord.
5. Replace the top panel of your TV and screws it in place.